Next: Defining RF Components
- Circuit envelope solver for multiple carrier-frequency simulation
- Arbitrary network descriptions, enabling N-port block modeling and intra-model signal probing
- S-parameter data files for time-domain and frequency-domain simulations
- Passive components, including resistors, capacitors, inductors, transmission lines, and general impedance blocks
- 3-port mixer and 2-port amplifier models specified by noise figure, IP2, IP3, P1dB, and Psat
- Equivalent Baseband library for discrete-time simulation of single-carrier cascaded systems
SimRF works with Simscape™ to simulate the performance of the RF system defined by the block diagram. Gateways to Simulink® enable signal generation and analysis features found in Communications System Toolbox™ and DSP System Toolbox™, respectively.
Communication system model (top right), including a direct-conversion receiver modeled with SimRF blocks (bottom left), a spectrum scope display of the input signal and interfering waveforms (top left), and constellation diagram of the demodulated output waveform (bottom right). SimRF integrates with Communications System Toolbox and DSP System Toolbox to simulate the effects of RF architectures on system performance.